Well today is the big day! I turned 37-years-old this morning at 6:02 AM. In honor of my special day, I though I’d list 37 things that you may or may not know about me.
1. I love to read, but I’m a snob about it (if it isn’t amazing by the end of the first paragraph, I don’t bother with it)
2. I hate the newspaper.
3. I’ve never had a real nickname.
4. I’m a writer.
5. I’m a nerd and proud of it.
6. I’ve cut off a chicken’s head before. (Sorry to all my PETA friends, but it’s helpful to realize that something gives its life for you so that you can sustain yours.)
7. I won an all-expenses-paid trip to Disneyland when I was in second grade.
8. I’ve jumped off the top of a telephone pole in order to catch a trapezee that was 3 feet up and 3 feet out.
9. Standing in the book aisle at Lifeway makes me cry. (If you truly want to know, I’ll give you the full story.)
10. I love to watch musicals. (life would be great in a world where every situation could turn into an amazing song and dance. Even better when everyone around you knows the words and the dance moves too!)
11. I married my high school sweetheart.
12. I went to an all girls college. (for only one semester)
13. I cry when I watch the Showcase Showdown on The Price is Right.
14. I traveled the US in high school and college performing with a drama group.
15. I can tie a knot in a cherry stem with my teeth.
16. My real name is pronounced “a LEE c uh.” My father is really the only one who ever called me this.
17. I used to be a cheerleader.
18. I played volleyball in high school even though I was only 5’2″
19. I passed out in class in 10th grade while listening to a lady describe how the doctors cut her face off to remove a tumor.
20. When I get nervous or upset, my neck turns bright red.
21. My IPOD contains all three HSM soundtracks and two Miley Cyrus CD’s. (AND it’s not because I have an 8-year-old daughter)
22. I’ve been to Ecuador.
23. I drank Chicha! (If you don’t know what that is, do a Google search on Shuar Indians to find out)
24. I’ve never had a beer or smoked a cigarette in my life.
25. My favorite color is Pink.
26. Both of my children are named after the mothers in my life (my mom and my mother-in-law).
27. I love going camping with my friends and family.
28. I play a mean Guitar Hero.
29. I played the piano for 11 years – I was somewhat of a Concert Pianist. (Yes, I still wish I could play today)
30. I very rarely spend over $9.99 for an item of clothing.
31. I broke my femur in a very bad car accident in 8th grade which caused me to miss a month of school. (By the way, if there was one year I’d never relive it would be 8th grade.)
32. I love dogs but HATE cats.
33. I love to sing.
34. I used to be a medical transcriptionist.
35. Candy (not chocolate) is high on my list of favorite things.
36. My favorite place to be is on the beach when the sun goes down.
37. I love Jesus and want my life to be all that He has planned.
There it is! I hope you feel like you know me a little better. I know that tonight when I lay down to sleep, I’ll think of 50 other things that were much more interesting. Maybe, I’ll share those on my 38th!