This winter has been difficult here in my corner of the world. There were more overcast, rainy, sleeting, super cold days than bright sunshiny but chilly days. It’s only my third winter here in East TN, but I could definitely feel the seasonal affective disorder creeping in.
Luckily, I discovered a few things that brightened those dreary winter days. I thought I’d share them with you in case you needed some help holding on until Spring makes her complete and grand appearance.
- A stationary bike and spin class app. Several years back (like 10 or so), I became a fan of spin classes. In fact, I loved them so that I would go the gym at 5:30 AM and take a class before work. I always left feeling great and very sweaty:) However, taking a spin class at a local gym or spin boutique these days can be very costly. In comes the wonder of iPad apps. The hubs purchased a stationary bike from Amazon, and we downloaded an app (requires a monthly subscription fee) that allows us to participate in live or on demand spin classes occurring in Spin Class gyms in other parts of the country. Instead of venturing out in the the freezing cold— which was a mental battle in itself —to get a brisk walk or run in, I just hopped on the bike and worked up a sweat in the house. LOVE IT!!!!
- L.A. Colors Color Last Nail Polish. Never been one to keep a constant manicure. Never been one to keep unbitten nails either; until recently that is. I accidentally picked up this polish (under two-dollars at Wal-Mart) for a quick self-manicure. I was amazed that after a week it still clung to my nails. If your like me and hate polishing your nails every 2-3 days just to keep the chips away, then check out this bargain.
- Spring-scented candles. Found a set of lovely candles at my local Dollar Tree in some great scents: Watermelon, Italian Ice, and Strawberry Sundae. Burning those each morning, helps me hold on till the real smells of spring waft through the air.
- Dave Barnes Instagram Account. If you aren’t a Dave Barnes fan, you should be. He is a singer/songwriter whose songs have been performed by Blake Shelton and Thomas Rhett. He’s a fantastic songwriter (not just for country fans) with a great voice that has over 10 albums, each of which I adore. But even better is that he is HYSTERICALLY funny. In fact, he is doing a tour this year where he blends his musical talent and his stand-up comedy. I attended his Christmas show this year and was enchanted by his music and his humor. Check out his Instagram account for crazy funny (and clean) posts and info on his music @DAVEBARNESMUSIC
- Water bottle with fruit infuser. I’m not a fan of water, but need to be at my age. Drinking it with some fruit infused flavor, however, makes it much easier to consume. Found this gem at TJMaxx and it works perfectly.
- The view from my window. My reading spot is situated near a window that looks out to the front of our home to the mountains beyond. On days when the sun spills through the slats on the shades, I’m reminded that winter can’t last, Spring always sends it packing. Both my mind and heart need to be reminded of that.
Hope you gained some inspiration to help you make it until Spring. And please share any thing that kept you going this winter. We all need a little inspiration to make it through the last chilly days before Spring.
Please note: no company has paid me for my endorsement for any of these products. I’m simply sharing my happy discoveries to my friends.